Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Couple of Harrowing Weeks

After spending a couple of harrowing weeks deciding on what to do about reporting, I feel I am no closer to deciding either way. Though I have reported him formally, I am required to go in for a police interview. I have been given time to think about it, but in the mean time the report stays in the computer system for other police to see, should the need arise. Should he apply for a police clearance (to work with children) this report would have no bearing on its outcome and he would receive one automatically.

Though I am aware of the processes I have been put off by the amount of time it would take to go to court (police advised it would be 18 mths - 2yrs) and the effects it would have on myself and other family members. After the past couple of weeks, I am very aware that even the thought of reporting is beyond mention.

I am required at the police interview to give as much detail as possible, and have been advised to write down as much as I can remember - times, dates, details, what people have said and did, including what they said when I informed them of what had happened. People I have told in the past, and people that have helped me along the way. I have attempted to do this two times now, and have found it extremely triggering, to the point where I have had to stop to recover.

I have been in emotional turmoil for the past couple of weeks. My husband is supportive which ever way I decide, be it reporting or not.

On a good note, I have updated my main site at www.whitedovesnest.com with statistics and a new survivor art gallery. Hope you enjoy the new features.
Thanks for reading.

((((hugs))))))

whitedove

No comments: