Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Avatar


Did you see it flutter
Did you see it fly
That little floating plant
Like a dandoline cry

And as it drifted
And landed all around
Did you see the next one
Touch the ground

And then another
And another still
Until it covers your body
All at will
The lovely plants
Attracted to your body's delight
Because they know
You are a messiah of might
And then in a whisper
I forget my pain
I notice the dandolines
Around you again
And I put down my anger
And I put down my rage
For together I know
We are on the same page
So come bond with me
Come and understand life
Surrounded by such loveliness
Forgetting our strife
Come fly with me
Come see the sights
I will show you everything
Including my life
Inspired by the movie.

1 comment:

L said...

...love this poem. Actually my fiance' and I were watching one of those furry dandelion things float past us just yesterday, and talking about it.