Thursday, September 13, 2012

Would I lose this poem?

The light is bright above me
And the mirror cast in black
Unsure of where I am
Unsure of what I lack

I have been transported
Back to that day of change
The instant before my life
Became so rearranged

And if I just change this scene
Just this moment before
All my what if's are gone
Never to be known any more

Would I walk through that door
And sit down as I eat
Would I continue along
This sure and steady beat

Or would I let it take me
And wake up those again
Would I dismiss the people
That I made here now as friends?

Would I forsake this poem
For that was learnt to
Would I forget how to cope
And learn to say no to you?

For this is what I have learnt
From walking through that door
In overcoming that nightmare
That will live for me anymore

No comments: