Monday, October 08, 2012

The Orchard

I wandered through
The attic
Dusting off
The trunk
Of black regret
I gingerly
Unlock it
 
Inside
I pick it up
My memory
Of what 
Was done
 
Blowing off the
Cobwebs
I start to cry
Blurry vision
The emotions rising
I open it up
And see it there
 
Press play
And watch
What was done
Where 
How
The scare
The nightmare
 
I continue on
My breath getting shallow
The memories 
Of times since then
 
The absolute horror
Of what happened
Me screaming
"Why would I do that"
Seeing me 
visit again
and again
To that point
Not knowing
 
Looking there
Screaming again
Shaking my head
How could he do this
Coming home and 
Forgetting the milk
 
My mind in oblivion
All over
 
A simple
Orchard
 
I sit there
And close the lid
To the trunk
As the little girl
I once used to be
Comforts Me 
Saying I love you.

No comments: