Saturday, July 01, 2006

Anniversary

Today marks the 1st Anniversary of losing my family due to sexual abuse. I had to separate for my own well being and sanity. A year today I held my ground and said no to continuing silence.

What has changed for me in this year:-

1. Completed this healing website & another - approx 100 people a day are helped
2. My story in a book
2. Written my story in different formats (see main site)
3. Seeked help
4. Stopping the silence/blame
5. Found a friend or two.

((((hugs))))))

Today

I am empty
I feel no pain
I feel no hardship
I cannot name

A year has passed
I don't know what to do
A year has passed
Without seeing you

Unsure what has happened
To be this way
I did nothing
For it to end up today

I thought I would be sad
For losing you;
I thought that you would
Understand what this has done too

But now a year on
Am I filled with regret
No I just feel empty
I just want to forget

2 comments:

Marj aka Thriver said...

I know it's painful to speak out and then have to go it alone like I've done in my family (except my sister who was also abused). But, I can truly see the growth you've experienced, Whitedove. You are a real inspiration to many. Thank you and bless you!

imo said...

keepers know the emptiness that you feel. But remember it has only been a year. Time will bring new people into your life. Many of these people will be so different than the family you left behind. In fact, you may be like keepers, and discover that you have a magnificent chosen family. Several of the people we now consider family are our dear cyberspace friends although some have come in other ways as well. But keepers know that each one was truly heaven sent.

peace and blessings

keepers