Thursday, July 13, 2006

Memories

I saw it two days ago
A slight image
A slight pain
I see the scare; I cannot name

It started slowly
I saw it there
I did not know what to do
I could not care

It jumped out at me
I wanted it so
I begged for years
For it to let me know

How could I tell
That there was more
More to this living hell
My heart; it tore

Now since then
I have received more
There are three extra images
I am keeping score

What is coming next?
I cannot go
I can handle it
This I know.



More memories.

3 comments:

The Missing Link said...

hey there - just wanted to let you know that ive changed my site addres... i have you linked on my blog - hope thats okay! you're in my thoughts... :)

ML

imo said...

keepers love this poem. Thank you so much for sharing.

peace and blessings,

keepers

imo said...

What a beautiful poem. I wish we would have had a copy of this five years ago when we were just overwhelmed by memories. You are such a gifted poet.

peace and blessings,

keepers